Get Started on Your CPSD Journey
We Can Help You Achieve Success
Making a commitment to getting certified is a big deal, but you don’t have to take that journey alone. ISM offers exam preparation material and support to help you through your certification journey. In addition, we want to help encourage and support you to achieve your end goal through helpful study tip communications as well as accessing a community of CPSDs in our LinkedIn group to offer their advice and inspiration. You are never alone on this journey. Let us help you get started.
Step 1: Know the Criteria (Eligibility Requirements)
You will need the following professional experience and/or education:
- Three years of supplier diversity or supply management experience (non-clerical, nonsupport) and have a regionally accredited bachelor’s degree, -OR-
- Five years of supplier diversity or supply management experience (non-clerical, nonsupport)
Step 2: Get Help Preparing for Exams
There are two exams to prepare for with the CPSD. They include:
- Supply Management Core (180 Questions — 3 hours)
- Essentials in Supplier Diversity — CPSD Exam 2 (120 Questions –2 hours)
Exam registrations are valid for six (6) months from the date that ISM processes your registration. You must test by the expiration date to avoid forfeiting your exam fees.
We offer a self-study exam preparation kit with the CPSD Print Learning System where you can study at your own pace. The print learning system provides study reading material and practice exams.
Step 3: You’re Ready! Now Purchase and Schedule Your Exams
You are prepared and now it’s time to purchase and schedule your exam. Exam testing facilities are located throughout the world or we offer proctored exam options that you can take from the comfort of your own home.
To schedule your exam, go to our partner, PeasonVue’s website at: https://home.pearsonvue.com/ism
Step 4: You Passed! Submit Your Application
You completed the toughest part. Congratulations! Now it is time to complete and submit your application. Here are the items you will need to complete and process your certification application:
- Proof of education (Copy of diploma, transcripts)
- Work background/experience
- Complete and pass all required exams
- Payment information for processing fee